Saturday, November 14, 2009

Noughties By Nature #53: Ballboy – Avant Garde Music

It’s the words that elevate Ballboy above the crowd and this song grabs you from the start. "The girl who works in the record shop, says I'm not avant garde enough”. With the tone set a classic Ballboy song ensues, driven along by the keyboard, whilst Gordon tells his story.

As ever with Ballboy the lyrics are biting and funny (the story behind the "and the Queen is waving to me" line is priceless – see YouTube) but there is also a cracking tune and some great juddering guitar, drums and keyboard as Gordon sings the “Sometimes i think i don’t know anything at all” refrain.

Its not Avant Garde, but it's quality indiepop.
Matt Gaynor

[Spotify]
[YouTube (live)]
[Album: A Guide For Daylight Hours]

1 comment:

r4i software said...

Hi,
I am such a big fan of music when ever i free i turn on my i pod and listen music from it whole day…
I also searching for music info like lyrics albums singers and much more….
My favorite music types are sad songs , Fast Rock and Roll type songs and some really Hip Hop…
So this article will make me more better in music knowledge and also some kind of fun…..
Thanks for sharing some valuable info…