Friday, April 29, 2005

Sweeping The Nation: A mission statement

Actually, I'm not sure you can have a mission statement for a music blog. It's writing. About music. In a satirical style. With comment on the music news of the day, mentions of new and old songs, live and recorded reviews, audience participation, plus here a singles chart review on Sunday evenings. There will be little beating around the bushes, but probably quite a bit of prevarication. We know our place. This isn't one of those blogs that pretends it likes Uniting Nations. However, The Paddingtons can equally bugger off.

One thing this isn't is an mp3 blog.

Apart from this one.

Spearmint - Sweeping The Nation

7 comments:

Matt said...

Am I the first person to find this? Coo.

Yes, The Paddingtons can definitely bugger off. And they can take The Others with them as well. Yes.

Simon said...

Christ, I hadn't even advertised it yet. Apart from on IUFGN (which, by the way, this has automatically bettered in terms of comments responses for April. I see.)

Matt said...

Ah, well, I happened to be having my weekly trawl of my bookmarks file last night. I promise not to look again.

Simon said...

Arse.

Matt said...

Well, not until it's ready and official and all that and everything. Or unless I have a lot of time on my hands.

Anonymous said...

What a coinkydink. Stumbled over here from Music Thing. I wondered if the name was a Spearmint reference. Spearmint, who were in my studio this past weekend doing drum tracks for a new album. Spooky!

Simon said...

Excellent. On all counts.